Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveF[_2_] SteveF[_2_] is offline

Default Pool heater problem

On 1/10/2014 6:34 PM, gonjah wrote:
On 1/10/2014 6:30 PM, gonjah wrote:
My 3 y/o Raypak 207A isn't sparking up. The long model# is P-M207A-EN-C

The display says "SPK" and I can hear the pilot trying to light but I
can't actually see the pilot.

http://cdn.globalimageserver.com/fet...5-1e29edd2f913

I guess it's the LoNOx model but I don't know why since I live in TX.

It has the Honeywell gas valve.

I tried turning the power off and resetting the valve (off/on) but that
didn't work. I'm not getting any display errors. It just keeps trying to
spark.

My guess is the valve is malfunctioning. If it was an electronic issue
I'd think the display would give me an error.

I'll have a tech come out and service it I'd still like advice. A new
valve is about $200.

Thanks

Oh yeah. It's the Honeywell "Electronic Ignition System" gas valve (VR
8300)

So, is it possible to see the pilot assembly? Take something apart so
that you may see the assembly?

Verify that the pilot is(not) coming on. "No flame". Verify that there
is spark at the pilot assembly. If so, then the pilot solenoid is not
openning or there might be a clog in the pilot supply line/pilot.

Oh, verify that the gas is turned on, first.

Have a tech look at it and watch what is done. Sometimes simple things
cause the largest problems. Other than checking all connections and
making sure that the gas is on, there is not much else to do than
experiment. Messing with a gas valve and not knowing what you are doing
is hazardous if you do not pay attention.