Posted to uk.d-i-y
Uncle Peter[_2_] Uncle Peter[_2_] is offline

Default Win 7 Pro vs XP Pro

On Fri, 10 Jan 2014 10:03:43 -0000, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , John Williamson
wrote:

On 09/01/2014 23:34, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Thu, 09 Jan 2014 21:41:28 -0000, John Williamson
wrote:

On 09/01/2014 21:21, Uncle Peter wrote:

With Windows 7 and 8 I never use less than 8GB. 16GB if you're doing
anything more than just word processing or emails. Less memory is not
only slower, but wears tou the hard disk swapping.

You're obviously not on a normal laptop, then.

What has lap/desktop to do with it? It's what programs I use.

My point, which you seem to have either missed or deliberately ignored,
is that very few laptops can take more than 4 Gigabytes of RAM on the
motherboard.

All MacBooks take at least 8GB.

He said laptops, not those horrid things.

--
You are the only person I know that has ever had a brain tumour removed from their arse.