Posted to uk.d-i-y
Uncle Peter[_2_] Uncle Peter[_2_] is offline

Default Win 7 Pro vs XP Pro

On Fri, 10 Jan 2014 00:50:13 -0000, John Rumm wrote:

On 09/01/2014 23:36, Uncle Peter wrote:

Why bother? The metro screen IS a start menu, just larger.

Larger,

More room, nice pictures, quicker to find something.

butt ugly,

Explain.

badly organised, non hierarchical,

I wish it ordered them in recently used order, but it's fine just placing them myself. I put the common ones in the leftmost section, then the less common ones in a 2nd section, then things I rarely use in a 3rd section.

and obscures a whole frigging screen!

You only open it for a second to start a program.

The only
thing I miss is "recently used programs" and "recent documents", which I
think are both missing from classic shell.

They are both present.

I don't remember these, at least not in the original version, or I would have kept using it. I will have a look....

Thanks! I've now made it exactly as I had 7. I guess there weren't all those options when I first tried it (about when 8 was officially released).

--
A weekend wasted is not a wasted weekend.