Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Flexseal TV scam

On Fri, 10 Jan 2014 08:45:27 -0700, Tony Hwang

On Friday, January 10, 2014 1:56:24 AM UTC-5, wrote:
You have likely seen the tv commercial for Flexseal. It sells for

$19.99 per can, but the commercial says you get a FREE can, (plus

separate shipping and handling). I checked into this on their website.

The S&H is $9.99 per can. Thus, those two cans cost you about $40.

Walmart sells it. $12.99 per can. Thus you'll pay about $26 for two

cans, and save $14 (not to mention the wait time). [Ok, there will

probably be sales tax, but no where near $14].

So much for their "FREE" can.

You can actually get about 3 cans at Walmart for the same price as the

"order by mail", and that allows for the sales tax.

*WHAT A SCAM*

Anyone try this stuff for those small cracks in certain drywall
locations that keep reappearing, ie spraying it with that, then
painting over it?

HMmm,
So I gather you got scammed? I never anything shown on TV like that.
Good things sell themselves, no ad. needed.

And in a month or so it will be available at your local surplus
emporium for about half the advertized price, and no shipping. And
you can see the product up close before putting your money down.