Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Flexseal TV scam

On Friday, January 10, 2014 10:45:27 AM UTC-5, Tony Hwang wrote:
wrote:

On Friday, January 10, 2014 1:56:24 AM UTC-5, wrote:

You have likely seen the tv commercial for Flexseal. It sells for

$19.99 per can, but the commercial says you get a FREE can, (plus

separate shipping and handling). I checked into this on their website.

The S&H is $9.99 per can. Thus, those two cans cost you about $40.

Walmart sells it. $12.99 per can. Thus you'll pay about $26 for two

cans, and save $14 (not to mention the wait time). [Ok, there will

probably be sales tax, but no where near $14].

So much for their "FREE" can.

You can actually get about 3 cans at Walmart for the same price as the

"order by mail", and that allows for the sales tax.

*WHAT A SCAM*

Anyone try this stuff for those small cracks in certain drywall

locations that keep reappearing, ie spraying it with that, then

painting over it?

HMmm,

So I gather you got scammed? I never anything shown on TV like that.

Good things sell themselves, no ad. needed.

I guess either you don't have infomercials up there in CA or
else you never watch TV in the 2pm - 5pm time period. There is
one product after another like that on the air here. Even during
regular hours, it's not unusual to see some similar thing. I
just saw an ad for a "burger stuffer", for example, during regular
programming. And a very high percentage of them do what was done
with the flex-seal stuff, ie for the incredible price of $19.99,
you don't get just one, you get TWO. All you have to do is pay
for the additional "handling and shipping charges" for the second
"free" one.