Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Sketchup

"Greg Guarino" wrote in message

I have progressed to where I can draw out an idea in
Sketchup and still have most of my hair at the end, but there are a few
puzzlements that perhaps someone here can help me with.

1. When I "pull" a surface into a "solid" (yes, I am
aware that they are "hollow" inside), sometimes I turn it
around and find that there is no "back". In other words,
the program has pulled the surface forward and added sides, but has not
left the original shape in
place. Other times, it does what I expect, which is to produce a
pseudo-solid.

Push/pull = do it to selected face

Push/pull + control = do it to a DUPLICATE of selected face

Keep an eye on the info bar at the bottom when you selety a tool as it will
yell you what modifiers do what.

3. Is it not possible to "pull" several surfaces (that
are all in the same plane) at once? For instance, for making many dadoes
all at once without having to enter the depth each time?

As long as you haven't deselected the push/pull tool you can repeat the last
depth by double clicking a different surface.

--

dadiOH