Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default How global warming causes harsh winter weather

SteveF wrote:
On 1/9/2014 3:36 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
SteveF wrote:

Hi,
I care for future generations.
When you don't have water then can say
the same?

So, conditions on this planet are a polaroid shot? Never changing?
Here is a news flash. This planet is still coming out of an ice age.
Oddly enough, it is still cooler, today, than it was in the period
from around 1500 to 7500 years ago. Yes, that entire time span was
warmer than today. Substantially so, too. It might seem shocking
to you, and many others, but today's climate is going to change
whether there are humans on this planet, or not. It has been much
warmer, and it has been much colder. The CO2 content of the Earth's
atmosphere had zero to do with any change in the Earth's climate,
and, in fact, during a few ice ages the CO2 content was 4-5 times
current levels.

Read carefully: CO2 increases follow temperature increases. Not the
other way. CO2 is a symptom, not a cause of warmer temperatures. The
climate on this planet has more to do with geologic and extra-terrestial
influences more than anything else.

The land masses move, seas are changed.
Large junk hits the planet from outside of Earth's orbit.
Some volcanoes have humongous eruptions.
Solar output varies.

Nothing is set in stone at the moment. 200 years ago the Earth dipped
way down in temperature. This was called a mini ice age. Sometimes
changes last for a few years to a decade or so. Sometimes they change
for millions of years. This depends on the cause.

Currently the climate quacks are worrying about methane being released
from melting ice. Methane is a true greenhouse gas, as much as that
misnomer of a phrase is thrown about today, and was not that gas already
in place long before any human influence? What about the CO2 being
released by melting ice? Wait, what melting ice? The main chunk we
need worry about is not melting. That chunk is in Antarctica. I would
really like to know the last time that place even sniffed 30 degrees F.

And NW passage is opening up. We have LONG climate cycle spanning 10s,
100s thousand years. Within that cycle we have smaller cycles. The
problem is now the air is dirtier, we're losing Ozone layer, famine in
many parts of the woron't believe ld, rivers are drying up, glaciers are
disappearing. What is happening at Lake Mead? Aral sea? desert regions
are expanding.... We're all entitled to own opinion. No sense arguing
back and forth. Time will tell. But we won't live long enough to see the
verdict. Read many books by anthropologist, archeologist, biologist,
historian. Don't believe why no one lives on Christmas Island?