Edwin Pawlowski

Default Finishing maple to match flooring

"GigaNews" wrote in message

I know very little about wood finishing, so I am turning to this group for
some help. There is a fairly bewildering array of products out there.

I am installing pre-finished natural maple hardwood (Lauzon select &

better
maple) flooring. I'd like to install some flush-mount wood registers from
All-American Wood Register Co. Of course they come unfinished...

Does anybody have any recommendation on how best to finish these wood
registers to match the flooring as closely as possible?

Thanks,
Bill

The easiest way is to ask the flooring dealer. The supplier may sell the
matching stain.

If not, you buy an array of stains that are close and try them on scrap
pieces of the same wood as the registers. If the registers are made from a
different wood than the floor, there may be some color difference anyway.
There will be a difference if you use a pre-treatment also.
Ed