Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Win 7 Pro vs XP Pro

charles wrote
Rod wrote
Jim Hawkins wrote
Cursitor Doom wrote
Tim Lamb wrote
The Natural Philosopher wrote
Mr Pounder wrote

My XP machine has NEVER crashed or froze.

Apply to Microsoft for a distinguished service medal.

I think my longest up on XP without a crash is 3 hours.

I apply the patches 'cos I'm too ignorant to do anything else:-)

This m/c runs permanently; keeping the office warm. AFAIK XP
has not crashed although there have been issues with Explorer.

I see from my news client files that it was commissioned in May 2005.

Another vote for XP (pro) here. Been superbly stable for the last
couple of years at any rate. Just as well as I haven't backed up for
about that long!

Yes, my XP pro has only failed when I have mucked it up myself. But
don't forget the hardware can fail too - you'll need a backup then |

Not necessarily. Most of the time replacing the failed hardware works
fine.

not if the hardware is the Hard disc on which you've stored all your
precious data.

That's why I said MOST OF THE TIME.

And plenty don’t have any precious data too.