Posted to alt.comp.networking.connectivity,alt.comp.os.windows-2000,alt.comp.periphs.printers,alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Thanks Folks! Do any of these printers work with Windows2000?

Gernot Hassenpflug wrote:
"Guv Bob" writes:

"Gernot Hassenpflug" wrote in message ...
Retired writes:

On 12/30/13, 3:18 PM, Guv Bob wrote:

/../
The user manual appears to be available at:
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/suppor...uresAndManuals

/../

Also found this:
http://www.justanswer.com/printers/6...xma-mp190.html

( or http://tinyurl.com/mak9wh6 )

Talks about removing and cleaning the pads. Also says new pads are no
longer available from Canon.

Incidentally, unless the pad is damaged, washing it in warm/hot water (soaking
repeatedly over a period of days if need be) perhaps with rubbing
alcohol to help dissolve inks, will make it as good as new.

Regards,
Gernot

Thanks. The problem is getting the pad out without taking the whole printer apart. Does not seem to have any easy way to access it.

What could be simpler than taking apart a Canon printer? LOL I know it
is sometimes not easy, but for this fairly simple device you could do
worse than trying it. I've taken plenty of them apart, as well as
Epsons, and ALPS printers.

Nothing to be afraid of. Otherwise, you could save yourself and others
the hours of trouble reading and replying, and fork our 30 bucks for a
new printer?

Hi.
That was my thought too. Time is money. Spend money, get the economy
rolling, LOL.