Posted to uk.d-i-y
bm[_2_] bm[_2_] is offline

Default Win 7 Pro vs XP Pro

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Jan 2014 00:35:24 +0000, bm wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 10 Jan 2014 00:05:14 -0000, Bob Eager
wrote:

On Thu, 09 Jan 2014 21:20:25 +0000, Uncle Peter wrote:

On Wed, 08 Jan 2014 09:14:29 -0000, soup
wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I think my longest up on XP without a crash is 3 hours.

Seriously, three hours? What on earth were you doing to it?
I ran XP for 7 years( fair enough it was switched off each night and
restarted the next day) and only once saw a BSOD.

Have ran 7 for four years now (also did my HNC in Networking in
it),
it has never blue screened. There is one program (A game. Which
runs
fine on XP [youngest son now has the XP machine]) it refuses to run
have tried (halfheartedly) to get to the bottom of this but have
pretty much chalked it down to 'one of those things'.

Leaving XP on 24/7 can be problematic. I think it leaks memory.

I ran it for years and rarely rebooted (never powered off). Never had
a problem.

What sort of programs did you use on it?

/msg Bob, Uncle Peter/Gefreiter Krueger/Troll etc etc etc has a degree
you know.
http://s556.photobucket.com/user/bra...e.jpg.html?o=0

I teach degrees!

Then maybe you can f*** some sense into him
Nobody else seems able to.