Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Debouncing Fails on My Remotes periodically!

Kaz Kylheku wrote: "When you're holding down your remote's keys, you're sending multiple volume-up "

I must apologize for not being clear by "pressing harder". What I meant was I press the button with more FORCE, not for a longer duration.

Pressing the volume up/down once(the equivalent of a keystroke on a keybd) should adjust the volume by one value up or down.

I keep pressing it until my finger bone feels like it will either break or go through the back of the remote - THEN the volume races away like an NHRA hotrod - all the way up or down.

When I attempt to adjust the volume on the other remote, this phenomenon repeats.