Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry W[_3_] Larry W[_3_] is offline

Default lost a nut from my skilsaw

In article ,
Eli the Bearded wrote:

I have lost a nut from my skilsaw, model# 5580. This nut is used to
tighten the depth adjustment with the the base plate. None of the
random spare nuts I have fit. From this page I can download manual
and parts list:

http://www.skiltools.com/Parts-And-S...rts-Lists.aspx

The parts list is super vague. I want part #44. This is shown in the
picture for the parts list on the model 5480 saw, but the model 5580
parts list is lacking a picture. Both use the same part number:
"1 619 X00 677" with description "Nut".

It costs a buck plus shipping and I can expect a week for that shipping.

Or if I could find out diameter and threading, I could (hopefully) buy it
today from a hardware store. Searching the web by part number does not
get me more details.

The bolt is not easily removed from the saw to bring it into my hardware
store. The bolt looks like 1/4-20, but nuts that fit that size don't
fit this. The similiarly sized metric nuts (m6x1) don't thread on either.

Can someone identify the part?

Elijah
------
yay for parts lists, boo for lack of detail

Why not take the saw to the hardware store?