Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Stayin' Warm

Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 1/9/2014 4:03 PM, Snag wrote:
No snow here , just a layer of ice over everything . Roads are
*extremely*
slippery - my wife who is a very good slick road driver spun out last
night
on her way home from work , ended up with her SUV on it's side in the
ditch
.. Whole right side is damaged , and right now it's sitting along side
the
road in a yard right where she went off waiting for any fliuds to
drain back
down where they belong . Wouldn't do to bend a rod of something due to
hydraulic lock in a cylinder .

Very sad to hear that. I hope no one was injured?

NYS has ice, now and again. It's no fun.

Hi,
Good, she is not hurt, I sure hope.
Even we Canucks fear the black ice most. All my family vehicles have
good set of winter tires and AWD power train. Wife's can lock
into real 4WD. So far no problems. Today 2 deg. Celsius, tomorrow
will be around 7 deg. C. Melting like crazy. Chinook condition.