Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg Guarino[_2_] Greg Guarino[_2_] is offline

Default Sketchup

I have progressed to where I can draw out an idea in Sketchup and still
have most of my hair at the end, but there are a few puzzlements that
perhaps someone here can help me with.

1. When I "pull" a surface into a "solid" (yes, I am aware that they are
"hollow" inside), sometimes I turn it around and find that there is no
"back". In other words, the program has pulled the surface forward and
added sides, but has not left the original shape in place. Other times,
it does what I expect, which is to produce a pseudo-solid.

2. When I make a component, sometimes the program "decides" to check the
"replace component in drawing" box, sometimes not. I would always prefer
to have it checked. I have not been able to divine what the basis is for
the "choice", but it sure is a pain when I think something is a nice
stable component and it turns out to be Plastic Man instead.

3. Is it not possible to "pull" several surfaces (that are all in the
same plane) at once? For instance, for making many dadoes all at once
without having to enter the depth each time?

---