Posted to uk.d-i-y
Uncle Peter[_2_] Uncle Peter[_2_] is offline

Default Win 7 Pro vs XP Pro

On Wed, 08 Jan 2014 13:04:04 -0000, F news@nowhere wrote:

On 07/01/2014 20:44 John Williamson wrote:

On 07/01/2014 19:35, Jim Hawkins wrote:
"Clive George" wrote in message
UAC can be a bit of a pain if you set it up wrong.

What's UAC ?

If you've not met it, be glad. User Access Control, first introduced
under Vista, but mostly tamed under 7. The most obvious thing it does is
every time you want to install or update a program, it blacks out the
desktop and puts up a window saying, basically, "Are you *really,
really* sure you want to do this?", and may ask you to enter the
password for administrator permissions, which may be, and probably is on
most systems, blank.

Turn it off. It's easy to do.

Indeed, the first time I install something, the first thing I do is turn it off, then from then on it doesn't bother me.

--
An elderly man was stopped by the police around 2 a.m and was asked where he was going at that time of night.
The man replied, "I'm on my way to a lecture about alcohol abuse and the effects it has on the human body, as well as smoking and staying out late."