Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin[_4_] Bob Minchin[_4_] is offline

Default aldi portable generator no spark

Sandy Taylor wrote:
hi am looking for some advice , trying to get generator started but there is no spark at plug, all leads seem to be fine , only thing i noticed that might be wrong is the capacitor , capacitor seems to have big lump in it which seems to me that it may be burned out , question is would this stop the plug from sparking ? any advice welcome .

Very likely. No capacitor I've come across has had a deliberate bulge on
it and bulges are often related to an internal fault.
Used to be the sort of thing that car spares places would stock but
maybe less common now that most modern cars don't use Kettering ignition
systems. A garden machinery repair/spares place might be more appropriate.