Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,alt.internet.wireless
Danny D'Amico[_2_] Danny D'Amico[_2_] is offline

Default Why would a DECT Panasonic cordless phone keep losing thewireless link?

On Wed, 08 Jan 2014 02:50:41 -0800, William Sommerwerck wrote:

Don't you have a voltmeter? You shouldn't be depending on the base to inform
you as to whether the batteries are actually being fully recharged.

I was remiss in not mentioning that I tested the voltage with my fluke
but the problem, as always, with testing open circuit no-load voltage
is that without a load, a battery that tests good isn't necessarily good.

However, all the handsets are now reading full bars in battery voltage,
so, I'm inclined to assume that the battery-charge indicator on the
handsets isn't really a voltage indicator - but some sort of integrator.

The good news is that it hasn't happened since re-registration; but I also
haven't been on the phone a lot either. I will report back in a few days
to let you know if the problem is solved by the re-registration or not.