Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default Space heater fans

KenK wrote:
Anyone figured out how to keep the space heater fan motors working? In my
experience, they get annoyingly noisey and sometimes even die long before
the heating element burns out. I've tried oiling them every year but it
doesn't seem to matter - I suspect the bearings are sealed. Besides, some
require major disassembly of the heater housing to get at. My nice Holmes
heater started getting noisey a week or so. I'll get tired of listening to
it and replace it soon.

Suggestions?

TIA

Most of the ones I have used keep working for a long time. Most of the ones
I have used start out real slow. I oil practically all fans with a
telescoping spout.

My garage fan, 4800 watts, starts out extra slow, especially when colder.
The overheat switch starts to cycle until the fan comes up to speed. Could
take a few minutes.

Hate fans.

I also have 1800 watt radiant years for the garage. I bought them real
cheap, end of season, the home depot.

I have the most faith in oil filled heaters. No fan, no radiant fire.

Greg