Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Stayin' Warm

Tony Hwang wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/7/2014 10:22 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I'm not bragging or anything, but it was -2 this morning and both my '04
and my wife's '05 started with one push of the remote from my nice warm
living room.

I know I'm wasting gas/money, but it's safer to drive when you're not
shivering. ;-)

I actually calculated the cost of idling and I'm willing to pay the few
cents to have a warm car. I also put the seat heater switch in the "on"
position to get that started too.

Hi,
Driving warms up car faster. My wife's car has auto climate control which
blows hot air almost right away. I start engin,e as soon as hi idle speed
drops I drive away.

Sure, driving warms the car faster, but I'd still have to be in the cold
car while it heated up. As long as I start it early enough, I can go from a
nice warm house to a nice warm car with no ice on the windows, etc.