Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default OT- Another computer question

On 01/07/2014 08:17 PM, nestork wrote:
So, further to my previous post about extending the life of a PS/2 KVM
switch, I have spent the day trying to learn about 4 port USB KVM
switches.

One question I have is that some switches have VGA ports. Other
switches advertise themselves as "DVI" switches and still others as HDMI
switches.

I understand that VGA is an analog signal, but in order to enjoy High
Definition videos on my monitor, I have to go with a digital signal
which is either DVI or HDMI.

You may want to have a look at your monitor's input, many monitors give
you several possibilities.

I have used both vga and dvi and honestly could not tell the difference.

I am sure there is one though.

http://www.diffen.com/difference/DVI_vs_VGA