Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,alt.internet.wireless
Danny D'Amico[_2_] Danny D'Amico[_2_] is offline

Default Why would a DECT Panasonic cordless phone keep losing thewireless link?

On Tue, 07 Jan 2014 20:03:55 -0800, mike wrote:

Since about zero percent of people are gonna do that, they might have
concluded that a timer inside the device would determine
that the device had charged all it could and the display was in
terms of "do this" instead of any actual measurement, and be adequate to
direct 99.9999% of users to perform the operation.

That might be the case Mike, because I know two things.

The batteries were showing fully charged initially:
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3779/1...40a29bee_o.gif

Then, I removed them and let the phone sit for a few hours:
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5506/1...8f6d65c7_o.gif

When I then ran my first re-registration procedure, I was surprised
to see that all five phones suddenly showed low battery indications:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7331/1...1a1c8679_o.gif

That made no sense because pulling the batteries and letting them
sit disconnected for a few hours couldn't possibly have discharged
them from full to near zero. But it was easy enough to charge them
independently on a Ni-MH charger:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7341/1...6aa41376_o.gif

Yet, I was again very surprised to see, after 3.5 hours on the
charger (the lights stop blinking on the charger to indicate full
charge) that, back in the handsets, they *still* said they were
low on charge!
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3756/1...7da87566_o.gif

Something doesn't add up - but all five handsets acted the same
way, even with the four new batteries from the charger put into
two of the handsets.

All five phones are now in their respective holders, and, I just
checked the charge, and they went from one bar to three bars, so,
that's just weird.

It's almost as if they'll only charge from their Panasonic
holders, and not from a separate non-Panasonic charger. But,
that makes no sense - so - I really don't know what to make of
this inconsistent data other than to ignore it.