Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,alt.internet.wireless
Danny D'Amico[_2_] Danny D'Amico[_2_] is offline

Default Why would a DECT Panasonic cordless phone keep losing thewireless link?

On Mon, 06 Jan 2014 22:28:25 -0800, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

In the USA, there's no GAP support, which means that phones from
different manufactories not only will not talk with each other, but
also can interfere with each other. You might try your problem phone
with the other DECT phones and base turned off.

That's a great suggestion Jeff.

Maybe these other DECT phones in the same house:
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2873/1...fdd2467b_o.gif
Are causing the problem with this DECT phone:
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3779/1...40a29bee_o.gif

It might also be the batteries, although you can see in the previous
photo that they are fully charged - yet - I charged them today off
the Panasonic base:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7341/1...6aa41376_o.gif

And, strangely, when I ran the registration procedure, they showed
up as being discharged! ?????????
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7331/1...1a1c8679_o.gif

So that makes absolutely no sense. I chalk it up to "confused
electronics" at this point - because I can't imagine what happened
to make a fully charged battery indicate almost discharged.

Anyway, as a precaution, I ran the re-registration procedure,
which is described on page 27 of this PDF:
http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPER...TG6431-MUL.PDF

This is a snapshot of the re-registration procedu
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7353/1...761cd5cf_o.gif

Since the menus don't show up until *after* you run the procedure,
I post below sequential screenshots so others who run the registration
procedure can see the cause and effect on the phones:

Press LOCATOR on base 4 sec. Then press OK.
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3708/1...363aba09_o.gif
Call from Base:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7392/1...799e3098_o.gif
Base regtr'ing