Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Danny D'Amico[_2_] Danny D'Amico[_2_] is offline

Default Why would a DECT Panasonic cordless phone keep losing thewireless link?

On Tue, 07 Jan 2014 07:53:03 -0500, John Grabowski wrote:

*The last time my Panasonic phone did that, I replaced the batteries with
new ones. Problem went away. If yours are four years old I would think
that it is time for a battery replacement. Home Depot has them and I think
Wal-Mart does also.

This might actually be the problem!

After removing all the batteries and allowing the handsets and base to sit
for about five hours today ...
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5506/1...8f6d65c7_o.gif

When I put the batteries back, I noticed that all five handsets said to
"Charge for 7 Hours" ...
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7331/1...1a1c8679_o.gif

So, I put them all on a 3.5 hour charger:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7341/1...6aa41376_o.gif

And, when I put them back into the phone, they *still* said to
charge for 7 hours!
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3756/1...7da87566_o.gif

So, maybe it's that simple - that the Ni-MH batteries, which are a
few years old, are bad.

One problem though, is that I put the new Ni-MH batteries that came
with the charger in, after charging them on the charger, and the
handsets *still* said to charge for 7 hours.

So, something fishy is going on ... with the charge message on the
handsets ... but I don't know what yet.