Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default Do you ever ............ ? Best answer

Meanie posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

On 1/2/2014 4:17 PM, SteveB wrote:
Wake up at two in the morning with your head going 90 mph, and you can't
sleep. Your body crawls like you were in a bed of earthworms. You just
want to get up and go for a ten mile run. No sleeping. No shutting off
the deadlines, or the HoneyDew lists, or the regular list of things you
make for yourself?

Not restless leg, but whole body anxiety, like the feeling you have when
you just got missed by a car that was going sixty miles an hour. That
shuddering sensation. But it doesn't go away.

Was supposed to go to the doctor today, but when I looked, it was for
NEXT Thursday. ****.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Steve

Could be many reasons from diet to bad rituals/habits.

Certain foods (fatty foods) can cause insomnia and/or restless sleep
along with inconsistent eating habits.

Irregular bedtime hours.

Smoking before bedtime.

Lack of exercise.

emitting lights such as a night light.

Raised body temperature/bed too warm.

Medication.

Watching tv prior to bed.

These are some issues which could result in what you are experiencing.

I don't believe in taking meds unless it's the LAST RESORT.

If you don't exercise, try stretching muscles throughout the day and
prior to bed. It helps the body relax and avoid the restless leg
syndrome. If you don't exercise, I suggest starting, even if mild.
Studies indicate even mild exercise aids in sound sleep.

Meditation can also help release the anxiety. Learning to relax and
focus on non-stressful scenarios will eliminate the marathon running mind.

Sometimes there just isn't anything one can do to avoid a restless
night. That's when it may be time for a pill or serious shot of tequila.
But be ready for a slight hangover.

Overall, I have great success with meditation and exercising. Keeping
the body and mind in shape allows me great sleep.

Master bating is the best cure for insomnia.

--
Tekkie