Will Chambers TalkTalk Audio Productions

Default Built in cooker advice required

In fact this is what you want http://www.neff.co.uk/438783.html

"Charlie" wrote in message
om...
Any kitchen fitters out there?

I have recently bought a house with a fitted kitchen minus the
appliances. A space has been provided for a "built in" oven under the
worktop, i.e.there is a carcass into which the oven will fit.

Any shop I go into will gladly supply a "built under" which will fit
but they all have legs, and don't require a carcass. In fact I spoke
to hotpoint today and they said the warranty would be invalidated if I
removed the legs, because the airflow around the cooker would not be
as designed. Which sounds reasonable.

However in reality would it actually matter if I removed the legs and
slipped one into a carcass? Do the external sides and bottom of the
oven get hot/warm? If so would it be sufficient to cause a fire risk?

Anyone out there know of a manufacturer who still makes a built in
double oven, which fits in a carcass 570mm wide and 700 high? The last
kitchen I fitted was 6 years ago and things have obviously changed.

I think the reality of the situation is that the carcass was prepared
for a built in single oven.

On a secondary point how much clearance is required between a gas hob
in the worktop and the oven below?

Many Thanks

Charlie - my email is not a hotmail - replace the dashes as
appropriate.