Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Can Coleman Stoves use regular gasoline?

On Tue, 07 Jan 2014 20:05:08 -0500, micky
wrote:

Look what Coleman itself has to say. "Our DualFuel™ appliances are made
to accommodate automobile fuel.

Right there is their statement that it's safe, even if they don't use
that word. That's what would make them liable if they are wrong.

Coleman's modified valving even allows
for differences between summer and winter blends. At 1/10 of the cost of
propane, unleaded gas is the cheapest of all appliance fuels.

They're even pushing it here.

And it's
available everywhere, of course. In an emergency, you can siphon gas
from the tank of your RV or car to use in a DualFuel lantern or stove.

And here and here.

Although it's the most economical fuel to use, you'll extend the life of
your appliance by using purer Coleman™ Fuel most of the time.
Main advantages: availability and low cost. "

BTW, I don't think for a moment that the dualfuel somehow neutralizes
bad effects of fuel additives. It must be that the fuel additives also
get burned up and that what if any doesn't is not harmful. Maybe it
disperses and you'd have to keep your nose next to the flame all the
time to get an appreciable amount.