Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com is offline

Default Batt charged but unplug shuts

I have a laptop (Aspire 1) that says the battery is fully
charged, but as soon as I unplug, it shuts off.

What if I put my scissors across the (unplugged) AC side of the
adaptor? I'm guessing that won't work because of induction?

THen if I got an adaptor plug just like the one on the adaptor and shorted
it?

Do I need to takeout the battery?

Any shortcuts?

I also have a smartphone (SX56) which would not charge, then I replaced
battery it charged, then when it discharged, would not charge again.

Much obliged

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm