Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Stayin' Warm

On Tue, 7 Jan 2014 10:34:55 -0600, "Snag" wrote:

The camper loses a lot of heat , it was never meant for winter use . But
we've got a few thousand trees , quite a lot of standing and downed dead
wood . That should get me thru the winter , we'll be better prepared next
year . And we DID leave a faucet dripping , just not quite enough flow .

At least you delayed the freezing.

I have one water tap that when left dripping, closes, and another that
opens more. Aren't there some magic words to make them stay where they
are? (only one is used for avoiding a frozen pipe, but it's still
strange.)

My truck too is on the charger , wouldn't kick over earlier . I also hung
a 75W incan light bulb down between the rad and motor and threw a cover over
the hood area . I had slush in the radiator , but apparently not enough in
the motor to lock up the water pump .

The lowest it has gotten here is 8+ F. Arkansas should be a lot
warmer than that. I wonder what went wrong?

But if you're in Minnesota and have full strength anti-freeze (that is,
50/50) I heard on the news it will freeze at the temps they have there.
(Wind chill has no effect unless your car sweats or you're pouring water
on it that evaporates. If it freezes instead, I think the ice is a
modest insulator.)