Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default Do you ever ..shovel snow... ?

On 01/07/2014 11:14 AM, wrote:

For sham surgery, the microshaver that is typically used by the surgeon for
meniscus removal didn't have a blade.

I'd shoot the doctor if I had a torn meniscus and they said they did
the surgery and didn't and I ended up flat on my ass again because of
the damage. There is knee pain, and there is knee pain. When the knee
swells up like a football and won't hold your weight, sham surgery
will NOT help.. You can make a study say anything you want it to.

Correct. Damaged cartilage does not heal itself nor does missing
cartilage grow back.

I researched "stem cell regeneration" and found that it can give short
term relief for minor problems but in my case, the majority of my
cartilage was just plain gone.

Now that I have had the knees replaced I have not returned to being 20
years old again...but there has been a /tremendous/ improvement.

As I probably mentioned before , I could barely stay on my feet for ten
minutes. A few weeks ago I was on my feet for nine hours!

At the end of the day, yes, my knees were a bit stiff, but the next
morning I was fine.