Posted to alt.home.repair
Snag[_4_] Snag[_4_] is offline

Default Stayin' Warm

Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 1/7/2014 10:51 AM, Snag wrote:
Sure takes a lot of firewood when it's only 3* outside . But we
survived last night , even though the water supply is frozen . I
sure am glad I have an onboard fresh water tank and a pump !
This is unusual cold for this area , hasn't been this cold since
I think they said 1996 . I hope it's at least another 18 years
before it happens again !

My sister heats with wood. She says normally 12
or 13 face cord per year. So far they have been
through 15 or more face, and hardly keeping the
house comfortable. The wind is blowing all the
heat away.

I also had a frozen pipe, neglected to leave the
water dripping. Sigh.

and am presently charging the battery on my Blazer,
which hasn't started yet this morning. Lucky the
power is still on.

The camper loses a lot of heat , it was never meant for winter use . But
we've got a few thousand trees , quite a lot of standing and downed dead
wood . That should get me thru the winter , we'll be better prepared next
year . And we DID leave a faucet dripping , just not quite enough flow .
My truck too is on the charger , wouldn't kick over earlier . I also hung
a 75W incan light bulb down between the rad and motor and threw a cover over
the hood area . I had slush in the radiator , but apparently not enough in
the motor to lock up the water pump .
--
Snag

---