Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Kitchens..... Schreiber and Homebase....

On 07/01/2014 15:24, Tim Streater wrote:

The Tewkesbury is all solid oak front. Your IKEA unit is £63 if you
want solid oak. A similar (in dimensions) Tewkesbury unit would have
cost us £67 in 2011.

Well, I'd certainly pay 10% extra not to have to deal with Ikea!

I suspect that at the bottom end Ikea are difficult to beat.

And what can you get at Howden for the same sort of money? I'd be
interested to know, as Ikea are a pain to shop at. (Sorry to ask this,
but I can't find the Howden price list online.)

They do have a price list, but normally not available to the public,
AFAICT. You're supposed to work through your installer, they don't sell
direct to the public (well perhaps they might at 4 x the price). But we
went in there and asked for one.

My builder was dead keen on Howden, mainly because they would give him a
big box of screws if I purchased the units from them. He was happy to
pass on the price discount, but not the screws.