Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Danny D'Amico Danny D'Amico is offline

Default Why would a DECT Panasonic cordless phone keep losing thewireless link?

On Mon, 06 Jan 2014 21:04:17 -0800, mike wrote:

Sounds like interference.

It could be. There's a lot of WiFi floating around my house these days.

I recently switched to a high-power router and Wi-Max wireless internet.

I had to look up WiMax:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WiMAX

I powered up the spectrum analyzer.
Yep they were right on top of one another.

I hadn't thought of aiming my spectrum analyzer inside (mine is pointed
outside). What I may try is setting up a spectrum analysis where I
run a 1000 frames without any devices plugged in, and then another
1000 frames with all my WiFi devices plugged in to see if there is a
big difference.

I switched to a DECT phone, which, as I recall, works on different
frequencies.

I don't know what frequency DECT works on, but, two of my four
phone bases are DECT.