Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Please recamend a spray finish system

Lew Hodgett wrote:

Depends.

One part systems can be sprayed; however, two part systems
that utilize catalyzed resin require special masks.

Failure to use the proper masks will result in a slow and painful
death as the catalyzed resin fumes you breath in harden in your
lungs.

"woodchucker" wrote:

And some will kill your liver. A respirator is a must. I have a pump
system with air hose , carbon filter that you put in another room,
the mask is like a scott mask that firefighters use.

But for those systems I would now use a full suit... I didn't know
how much the body would ingest from the skin, but it's more
significant than I knew back then.

Single use suits with feet, full head cover, gloves, and the Scott
mask
with air tank like the fire departments use, is the only way to be
safe
when you are catalyzed LP (Linear Polyurethane) coatings.

You also need a Devilbiss JG gun with a remote pressure pot for best
results.

There is a reason boat yards charge upwards of $200/ft of length when
they shoot an LP job on a boat.

Lew