Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default Please recamend a spray finish system

On 1/6/2014 8:34 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Edward A. Falk" wrote:

I've been wondering about this: is it possible to spray urethane
or polyurethane?

Is it possible for a rank beginner such as myself?

Depends.

One part systems can be sprayed; however, two part systems
that utilize catalyzed resin require special masks.

Failure to use the proper masks will result in a slow and painful
death as the catalyzed resin fumes you breath in harden in your lungs.

Lew

And some will kill your liver. A respirator is a must. I have a pump
system with air hose , carbon filter that you put in another room, the
mask is like a scott mask that firefighters use.

But for those systems I would now use a full suit... I didn't know how
much the body would ingest from the skin, but it's more significant than
I knew back then.

--
Jeff