Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sub freezing temps and shop supplies

On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 21:36:07 -0500, Keith Nuttle
wrote:

On 1/5/2014 9:16 PM, Larry W wrote:
Not directly related to shop supplies but possbly of interest; I recently
discovered that leaving a laptop in a car overnight exposed to
single-digit F temperatures, it would not boot when brought inside
until it had warmed up about 20 minutes or so.

I just check the specification for my Toshiba C55-A5204

Operating Non-operating
Temperature 5° to 35° C -20° to 60° C
Thermal Gradient 15° C per hour (max) 20° C per hour (max)
Relative Humidity 20% to 90% 10% to 95%
(non-condensing)

Altitude 0 to 10,000 meters 0 to 40,000 meters
(relative to sea level)

It is something we do not think about when we think about cold temperatures

TOO cold can permanenty damage some LCD screens.