Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What's a great way to clean surface of new stainless steel fridge- keeps rusting!

On 1/6/2014 11:20 AM, RobertMacy wrote:
This is a new Kitchenaid 'built-in' look stainless steel surfaced
fridge. The mfgr recommended some brand of SS Cleaner carried at
Walmart, but Walmart doesn't carry it, nor any of the stores nearby.

I use distilled water on all the GE appliances and they come out
spotless for months. I don't use DI on this fridge, because this @#$#@
fridge keeps developing a sheen of brown rust! Some stainless steel, eh?

I recently have been using Wynne(sp?) treated towellettes that seem to
work a bit, for about 5 days.

Anybody recommend something that actually makes the SS look good AND
prevents this rusting? ...and easy to use.

PS: in Arizona with 5-10% humidity, and it's winter with heating so more
like ZERO, rusting is not likely to be caused by a 'damp' environment.

The one time I worked on a cooler with stainless
sides, I disfigured the finish with refrigeration
coil cleaner. I called the company, and they suggested
mineral "baby" oil and a soft cloth. It didn't satisfy
the customer, who was playing a stiff game of NIGYSOB.
But, it sure did look a lot better than before.

--
..
Christopher A. Young