Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default What's a great way to clean surface of new stainless steel fridge- keeps rusting!

On 01/06/2014 01:47 PM, NotMe wrote:

Stainless steel does not rust. If your stuff is rusting, you were cheated.

Some SS does depends on the make up on the various metals used in the
formation

If it had less than 12% chromium I suppose it could rust but I believe
it would be illegal to market it as stainless steel.

It could be a defective batch.

I have a rather inexpensive stainless steel sink and I am quite
negligent when it comes to cleaning it... in the 25 years I've had it
there has never been one iota of rust on it.