Posted to alt.home.repair
RobertMacy RobertMacy is offline

Default What's a great way to clean surface of new stainless steel fridge -keeps rusting!

This is a new Kitchenaid 'built-in' look stainless steel surfaced fridge.
The mfgr recommended some brand of SS Cleaner carried at Walmart, but
Walmart doesn't carry it, nor any of the stores nearby.

I use distilled water on all the GE appliances and they come out spotless
for months. I don't use DI on this fridge, because this @#$#@ fridge keeps
developing a sheen of brown rust! Some stainless steel, eh?

I recently have been using Wynne(sp?) treated towellettes that seem to
work a bit, for about 5 days.

Anybody recommend something that actually makes the SS look good AND
prevents this rusting? ...and easy to use.

PS: in Arizona with 5-10% humidity, and it's winter with heating so more
like ZERO, rusting is not likely to be caused by a 'damp' environment.