Posted to rec.woodworking
Pat Barber[_2_] Pat Barber[_2_] is offline

Default Hardwood floor

On 1/4/2014 8:02 AM, Meanie wrote:
I'm in the hunt for hardwood floors and trying to stay within a specific
price range. I have oak floors on my first floor and normally, would
stick with the same for the upstairs project. I ran across a few good
prices on maple floor but prefer a little darker in color. Is it safe to
assume I can stain maple to closely match the oak or basically stain to
any color I desire?

Given that you can buy engineered flooring now for a decent price,
I'm not sure I would jump on a major flooring project.

You can buy "finished" flooring for under $4.00sq ft and it will
have a finish that is far exceeds anything you could do your self.

Consider some of the new "plank" flooring that is 9/16" and made of
several layers of wood and topped out with what ever finish and color
you could ever want.

http://www.armstrong.com/flooring/pr...ed/_/N-67oZ6wl

You can staple,nail,glue and snap together many different brands.