Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default Battery room (OT)

On 01/06/2014 08:27 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Much to my surprise, the batteries did last as long as their warranty
period. I thought for sure they'd "burn out" in a year or two.

Well, with three shifts running the forks, I can see
it's easier to swap em out to charger. The fork lifts
I've run have been used a couple hours a day. not all
day and all night.

Yep. In a single shift operation just one battery per truck is needed.
Most of my customers ran at least two shifts and many were 24/7

That is what I especially liked about my job: I typically started at 4
or 5 am and since I did not have to deal with traffic got a lot of work
done and got home in the early afternoon.
Of course if there was an "emergency" I had to go back to work, but that
did not happen more than once a week.

Probably the funniest thing that happened to me was I had a train a new
employee one day. At ten AM I got /exceedingly/ tired and said, "I am
really sorry but I just have to go home and go to sleep." He sure looked
at me funny. I apologized and said that I just did not know what was the
matter...until I realized I had started at midnight!

We both had a good laugh and I don't think I ever got to work that early
again!