xrongor

Default OT us soldiers re-enlisting at a high rate?

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
gy.com...
In article om,

(Doug Miller) wrote:
lets replace the sentence % of their goal with the word apple since
you've
accused me of comparing apples to oranges. you got it? the phrase

"% of
their goal" shall be replaced by the word 'apple'. so to rephrase,

the
article gives you the apple for one year, and gives you the apple for

the
next year, and you cant say that the apple has gone down or is

falling?

Your paraphrase conceals the problem, because it obscures the fact

that
the
goals themselves, and any change in them from one year to the next,

are
not
known. Let's stick with the original phrasing, please.

i knew i would lose you on this one.

No, Randy, you're the one that got lost. If you truly don't see that your
paraphrase omitted a significant aspect of the situation, then there is

no
point in discussing this any further, because you simply don't grasp
principles of logic well enough to debate the point.

Hint: your paraphrase omits the fact that it is not known whether this

year's
apples are the same variety or size as last year's apples, and by that
omission implies that they are the same. They may be, they may not be, but

if
this is not known the comparison is meaningless, and thus, to most people,
pointless as well.

and you accuse me of not having logic... the apple is the % of their goal.
you are the one who keeps trying to toss the orange in there and saying im
drawing some other conclusion based on it. my analogy stands quite well.

what comparison am i making (please quote me) except to say that the % of
their goal fell? where is the orange?

randy