Adrian Sims

Default Million Dollar property Experiment

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 15:43:05 +0000, Reestit Mutton
wrote:

Actually, I believe that their program has one redeeming feature...it
shows all would-be amateur property developers that even with the best
project manager in the business it's still not that easy to make money
on property development after the cost of your time and effort is taken
into account.

Quite agreed. But that is different to what most of us do. We can all
do at least something ourselves....even if it is only painting!!

The danger is that wall-to-wall TV property shows make everyone think
that it's a mug's game and that would end up stoking the housing market
even further - it's due for a correction as it is and I wouldn't want to
see it turn into a bubble.

Nigel Leck is actually quoted as saying it is easier to make money in
falling markets as you don't have to reinvest all your profits in the
next house. Presumably that means, however, that you have to work
really fast!

Adrian