Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Kitchens..... Schreiber and Homebase....

In article ,
"Geoff Pearson" writes:

I've used IKEA twice and been entirely happy;

+1
although I was surprised more recently how much it's gone up.

not liked a friend's Howdens
and doubt B&Q for this kind of thing. Schreiber is not a real company - it
comes and goes - like Grundig and Bush.

It belonged to GEC, when I worked there 30 years ago.
I remember our local management getting a right bollocking
for ordering the office furniture from somewhere else.
GEC ceased to exist some ~10 years ago, and I suspect the
Schreiber name was sold off well before that.

--
Andrew Gabriel