Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default OOPS! Tenant thaws a frozen pipe

On Sun, 5 Jan 2014 19:18:35 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03
wrote:

I was in a bank that got robbed, one time. Pretty much
found out about it, after the fact.

A long time ago I worked as a teller for a very busy commercial bank in
NYC. I had gotten pretty good at timing who came to my window from the
single S line - the pretty girl, the small business owners that I liked,
etc.

One day I was the most senior teller on the line, with a few rookie tellers
to the left and right of me. I spotted a person pretty far back in the line
who looked suspicious. I kept my eye on him and did my best to time it so
that he would come to my window. I had it timed almost perfect - until the
customer just before him decided to go see a platform person instead of a
teller. The suspicious guy went to one of the new girls a few windows down
and a different customer showed up at my window. Before I could I say
excuse me and walk down the line to the rookie teller, hoping to cause a
distraction, he had already handed her a note, stuffed a small bag with
money and was headed out of the door.

I could see by the look on the young teller's face that she was pretty
shook up, so I went asked if she had just been robbed and she said yes and
broke down in tears. I was able to give the police a pretty good
description because I had been watching the guy for a while, taking mental
notes related to height, build, facial features, etc. I recall that the
teller had managed to give him the exploding dye pack, but it was so long
ago I don't recall of he was ever caught.

I've known a few bank robbers. Talked with them. One I knew in
Florida doing state time and then coming to federal prison. I knew
the face, not his name for certain. When I asked, he said "I know
you". He caught a 25 year sentence that time.

In the same federal prison I met the bank robber from Boston. He was
a hoot. Used to catch him trying to bring fried chicken wings on the
cell block from his kitchen job. Then one day he shows up drunk. I
told him to go to his cell and not leave it. This clown vomited all up
and down the second tier range. I told the crooks next door to clean
and don't let him out.

One day I told the guy. "Hey. I'll remove the bunk beds in your cell,
install a park bench and give you some newspaper to cover with for
worth." He was fond on wine, which may have some factor in a Boston
bank robbery