Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default Do you ever ..shovel snow... ?

On 01/05/2014 11:55 AM, Bob F wrote:

For the most part, I was OK with just taking aspirin or Tylenol ...but
obviously I did not want to be on that for the rest of my life.

One other thing I did was to take a vegetable extract supplement
called Greek Island. I assumed it to be a scam but I was willing to
try anything...and it actually helped a lot and bought me one full
year.

Those glucosamine & chondroitin
capsules did absolutely nothing.

Did you try stem cell therapy? A friend of mine had very good results on her
seriously trashed knee meniscus. She's back to playing (senior)volleyball with
no pain.
http://www.regenexx.com/2010/09/dr-c...e-orthopedics/

Unfortunately, insurance doesn't usually cover this.
Peiople that haven't yet had replacement surgery might want to research this
possibility.

I heard of it but there is no way anyone would try that with me if my
insurance would not cover it.

My doctor claimed it will be a long time before anything like that will
get approved.