Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default Carriage wheels

On 1/4/2014 7:53 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

"Larry W" wrote

Aren't those horse-drawn carriages still for rent around Central Park and
some other parts of NYC? In Baltimore we have a dwindling population
of roving produce vendors, locally called "arabbers" or arabs, that
sell their merchanidse from small horse-drawn wagons. Not nearly as
common
as they were even 10 years ago, but still some around and their are a few
stables left within the city that support them. I'd be surprised if
there was not someplace in NYC that had a wagon you could use or alter
temporarily if needed.

Better move fast on this one. The new mayor says his first official act
in office is to ban horse drawn rides in NYC cuz it is "cruel" to force
these poor animals to do some work. He wants to replace them with
electric carts. Ain't nothing more romantic that a ride through Central
Park in a golf cart.

Yea the new mayor thinks the stop and frisk was a bad idea. He wants to

Those poor horses ... Those horses are better cared for than many
horses. Most have a healthy look, no starving horses.

He wants to give from the rich to the poor, those poor that have IPhones
big screen TV's, that the taxpayer pays for.

I am not a fan of the super rich, too many got there by cheating the
system. But I am not a fan of robbing from the rich and giving to the
poor. Because there are a good number that got there from hard work, and
took risks.

I can't believe that the voters voted for DeBlasio, he just was too
scarry in where he wanted to go.. I've seen NY in the 60's and 70's.. I
would not want to go back to that. Gulianni did a good job of cleaning
up the city. Yes Bratten and Kelly were 2 of the better chief of police.

I think it's funny how people don't like stop and frisk. But the areas
where it has helped the most is in the areas that are the most
dangerous. They don't want stop and frisk, but then they claim that the
police are not doing enough... you can't have it both ways. If they
don't stop and frisk, then all they can do is wait for the crime, and
then it's after the fact. So I guess NY'ers decided they want to go
back to crime and the cops will be looking for the perps

--
Jeff