Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim...... tim...... is offline

Default granite worktops

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , tim......
wrote:

"Mike Barnes" wrote in message
tim...... wrote:

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On Saturday 04 January 2014 22:50 Tim Streater wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Whatever worktop I end up with, I have decided on a stainless steel
sink. They are kind to glasses, last forever and are easy to
clean any amount of crap off.

Am I the only person who hates then :-)

No.

But if you give me a good reason why, you'll be the first to so so.

I just think SS sinks look cheap and tacky -and a lot of them are :-)
(though I agree, not all)

Well the double-drainer double-sink one we saw in a farmhouse a few
months ago certainly looks 1950s. But so what. It *works*, thass the
point.

If "it works" was enough we wouldn't have:

granite tops
down lighters
up lighters
floor level lighting
under cupboard lighting (OK I conceed that's useful!)
plinths
cornicing
integrated white goods
integrated microwaves
integrated coffee machines (FFS)
etc
etc
etc

(I won't go so far as to say we wouldn't have "built in" units, I can see
that that's a sensible improvement)

Kitchen equipment sale is all about "design" and people spend lots of money
meeting some TV programs "style" ideals and then put a tacky looking SS sink
in. I just don't get it!

tim