Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan alan is offline

Default granite worktops

On 05/01/2014 14:59, Gazz wrote:

i guess it's my fault for buying a cheap **** sink, but it was the other
half who wanted this style and found the cheapest one she could, saying
'they are all the same, just different sellers rip you off more'

Cheap doesn't have to be ****. My cheap stainless sink with drainer has
a built in slope.

I posted a month or so back that when looking at sinks (for someone
else) I noted that some of the more expensive designer type sinks came
without a hole for the overflow.

I'll bet that most of the sinks you will find in the sheds have been
designed by someone that has never fitted or used one.

It's much the same with a lot of bathroom ware. It may look stylish in
the glossy catalogues but it's never shown being used with real water!
Water from that shallow bowl is going to end on the chipboard surface
that its balanced on.
5 years down line how do you get to replace that tap that was fitted to
the bath BEFORE the bath was installed or installed before tilling etc.?