Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry W[_3_] Larry W[_3_] is offline

Default Wind chill and water pipes

In article ,
nestork wrote:
...snipped...
However, long story short, an inanimate object will never cool down to a
temperature below the ambient temperature because of the wind. Lack of
any wind will just mean that it will take longer for that inanimate
object to cool down to ambient temperatures.

I would disagree with that somewhat. I believe that an inanimate object,
say a cinder block for instance, if soaked in water and exposed to
wind in low humidity, will reach a temperature somewhat below
ambient until all the water evaporates.

--
Often wrong, never in doubt.